Brewers vs Giants Betting Preview and Prediction July 15, 2022
Published July 16, 2022 in Previews & Predictions
ProSportsPicks Brewers vs Giants Betting Preview and Prediction
Start Time: July 15 2022, 10:15 PM
Brewers vs Giants Odds & Betting Preview
The Giants will host the Brewers for Game 1 of a three-game series at Oracle Park on July 15, 2022. First pitch is scheduled for 10:15 PM ET.
The Brewers are the favorite and priced at -125. They are 19-12 (61.3%) as road favorites on the season.
The Giants are the underdog and priced at +115. They are 3-0 (100%) as an underdog home at Oracle Park this season.
The total set at 7.0.
Brewers vs Giants Analysis
Milwaukee Brewers Breakdown
The Brewers are 50-40 for the season and 29-21 on the road. They are 9-3 in their last 12 road games but only 2-5 in their last 7 overall.
The Brewers average 4.58 runs per game (12th) with a .236 batting average (22nd) and a .726 (10th) on-base percentage.
Milwaukee is averaging 1.38 home runs per game to rank 4th in baseball with 122 total home runs. Their strikeout rate is 8.95 per game which ranks 25th in baseball.
Their batting leader is Willy Adames with 18 home runs, a.214 AVG and 50 RBI.
The Brewers have an over/under record of 43-40-5 on the season and an over/under record of 0-2-1 as home underdogs.
Tonight the Brew Crew hand the ball to right-hander Brandon Woodruff.
In his last start, Woodruff gave up three runs on four hits over six innings. Woodruff has posted a 2-0 record and an ERA of 2.12 to go with a 0.88 WHIP in his last three starts.
- Woodruff is 7-3 with a 4.01 ERA and a 1.14 WHIP in 12 starts in 2022
- Woodruff is 3-3 with a 5.63 ERA and a 1.44 WHIP in 7 road starts this year
- Woodruff is 1-0 with an ERA of 1.46 in three appearances (two starts) against the Giants in his career
- Woodruff has the current Giants roster limited to a .212 batting average over 38 at bats
- The Giants are hitting .230 against right-handers
The Brewers bullpen has a 3.57 ERA in 2022
San Francisco Giants Breakdown
The Giants are 45-43 for the season and 23-22 at home. They are 8-12 when the total is 7 or less and 3-11 in their last 14 games vs. a right-handed starter.
The Giants average 4.81 runs per game (4th) with a .236 batting average (23rd) and a .719 (12th) on-base percentage.
San Francisco is averaging 1.19 home runs per game to rank 10th in baseball with 105 total home runs. Their strikeout rate is 8.90 per game which ranks 23rd in baseball.
Their batting leader is Joc Pederson with 17 home runs, a.254 AVG and 42 RBI.
The Giants have an over/under record of 44-40-6 on the season and an over/under record of 18-11-2 as road favorites.
Tonight the Giants hand the ball to left-hander Alex Wood.
In his last start, Wood conceded no runs and only three hits over seven innings at San Diego. Woodruff has posted a 1-1 record and an ERA of 2.04 to go with a 0.85 WHIP in his last three starts.
- Wood is 6-7 with a 4.43 ERA and a 1.27 WHIP in 17 starts in 2022
- Wood is 2-3 with a 4.46 ERA and a 1.404 WHIP in 7 home starts this year
- Wood is 3-0 with an ERA of 1.65 and in 6 appearances (2 starts) versus the Brewers in his career
- Woodruff has the current Giants roster limited to a .208 batting average over 81 at bats
- The Brewers are hitting .224 against left-handers
The Giants bullpen has a 4.16 ERA in 2022
- Under is 4-1-1 in the last 6 meetings in San Francisco
- Brewers are 5-1 in the last 6 meetings in San Francisco.
- Under is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings.
Brewers vs Giants Prediction: Under 7 Runs
CLICK HERE FOR PREMIUM PICK OPTIONS
Place Your Wager
We recommend that you bet the free pick at Bookmaker.eu, a true leader in the online sportsbook business and with limits and betting options second-to-none. Bookmaker has been in the business since 1985 and has a 24/7 support team at your disposal.
Deposit and withdrawing money at Bookmaker is easy with options like credit card, bank wire and bitcoin. New players can get a first deposit bonus up to $500 and big bettors have no trouble getting big wagers down on the major sports. What are you waiting for? Sign up today!