Giants vs. Dodgers Betting Preview & Free Picks – September 21, 2016
Matchup: San Francisco Giants (80-71) at Los Angeles Dodgers (85-66)
Wednesday, September 21 – 10:10 PM EST
Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, California
Odds: SF +140 / LAD -152
Big clash between a pair of National League West foes Wednesday evening as the San Francisco Giants will take on the Los Angeles Dodgers in the rubber match of their three-game series from Chavez Ravine.
The Giants led the opener 1-0 heading to the bottom of the 9th, but the Dodgers scored two runs for the walkoff win, and the Dodgers had won nine of the last 11 meetings at Dodger Stadium prior to Giants’ 2-0 upset on Tuesday.
The Dodgers opened this game as a sizable favorite of -152 and the line remains the same despite early reports suggesting a heavy portion of the tickets coming in on the home team. Pretty interesting that the books are reluctant to make the Giants an even bigger underdog considering that the team is just 6-14 as a road underdog of +125 to +175 this season.
Moore is 2-1 in his last three starts despite a hideous 6.13 ERA and a 1.909 WHIP. Most of the damage was done when he conceded six runs in 2 2/3 innings of a 6-0 loss at Colorado though, and he’s allowed only four runs in 12 innings through his last two starts. Moore is 2-1 when starting against Dodgers with an ERA of 3.20 and a WHIP of 1.169. Los Angeles i batting a lowly .209 vs. southpaws on the year overall
Maeda is 2-1 with a 2.08 ERA and a 1.096 WHIP in his last three outings. The Dodgers have won eight of his last 10 starts and the 28 year old Japanese has won both his career starts against the Giants while conceding only four runs in 12 innings.
- Giants are 2-6 in their last 8 overall.
- Giants are 15-36 in their last 51 road games vs. a team with a winning record.
- Giants are 4-1 in Moores last 5 starts.
- Dodgers are 11-5 in their last 16 overall.
- Dodgers are 11-3 in their last 14 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Dodgers are 4-1 in Maedas last 5 starts vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 13-3-1 in Giants last 17 road games vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 5-0 in Moores last 5 road starts.
- Under is 5-1 in Dodgers last 6 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Under is 18-7-1 in Dodgers last 26 overall.
- Under is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings in Los Angeles.
- Under is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings.
- Giants are 3-9 in the last 12 meetings in Los Angeles.
Our Leans: Dodgers ML and Under 7.5 Runs
Neither team is effective at the plate, but the Giants’ troubles are even bigger than the Dodgers’. The Giants just don’t have the offense right now and their pen has struggled as well, not a good combination. We won with the Giants as our Dog of the Day on Tuesday, but this game has a Dodgers win written all over it.