How To Win At Sports Betting – Expert Sports Betting Tips
Posted in Sports Betting Guide
Getting Started with Sports Betting 101
Betting on sports can be a fun hobby, but with the right knowledge and advice you can also turn it into a second income. We will teach you how to win at sports betting with our expert sports betting tips.
The trick to consistently making money on sports betting is to understand basic and advanced betting strategies as well as how to maximize your return. That includes knowing the different types of bets you can make like moneyline wagers, bets against the spread and over/under betting. You will also need to understand how the odds work and how to read line movements to know when to make a bet and when to walk away.
You also need to keep in mind that making money on sports betting is something that requires time and dedication. It’s a marathon, not a sprint and you will need to embrace the thought of climbing the mountain at a time rather than with one giant leap. Profitable sports betting is not about making a single huge bet; it’s all about making a series of smaller sharp wagers that will build your bankroll over time.
Treat Sports Betting is An Investment
You will also need to spend a lot of time handicapping games to find the right wagers to make. Another alternative is to make it easier for you by purchasing a premium pick subscription from one of our top handicappers from our sports handicapper ranking.
These are sports bettors who have proven they can beat the bookmakers over a large sample. Whether you are new to sports betting or a more advanced bettor, our experts can save you a ton of time when it comes to becoming profitable with online sports betting.
Premium picks are sent to your email as soon as they are posted by a handicapper. All you need to do is lock in the wager at a sportsbook of your choosing. Take a look at the best online sportsbook bonuses page if you need a new online bookie.
The first thing we recommend you to do is to decide how much money you are going to set aside as your bankroll. The size of your bankroll will determine how much you are going to bet on any single game, and we recommend that you bet no more than 3% of your bankroll on any single wager.
If you have a bankroll of $5,000, your max bet will be $150 ($5,000 x 0.03).
The beauty of this bankroll management strategy is that you will never go broke if you hit a cold patch, and on the flip side, as your bankroll grows your wager sizes get bigger as well. If your starting bankroll is small and you want to start more aggressively, you can temporarily set your max bet to 4 or 5% of your bankroll and adjust your wager size later on.
Create Accounts With Several Sportsbooks
In order to place bets online, you will need to have an account with at least one online sportsbook. We recommend that you sign up with at least three so you can shop around for the absolute best prices and lines. Many sportsbooks offer signup bonuses, which can give your bankroll a nice boost. Three of the best sportsbooks are:
- 5Dimes Sportsbook – Multiple reward plans, including reduced juice (more on that later)
- MyBookie.ag – Generous 100% sign up bonus up to $1,000
- Jazz Sportsbook – Generous 150% sign up bonus up to $1,000
Sports Betting Traps To Avoid
Discipline will be key to how well you do on your sports betting adventure. Here are a few ground rules we recommend that you stick to.
- Never bet drunk – You know how you shouldn’t drink and drive, right? We have that law for a very good reason as we humans tend to become careless and make rash decisions when intoxicated. Treat your bankroll like your baby, nourish it and don’t put it in any unnecessary danger.
- Never chase – You will eventually take a bad beat that you don’t know what to do with yourself. If you are anything like the standard bettor, your first thought will place another wager to win back that money that is rightfully yours! At this point, you need to step away for a day or two. Don’t worry, there are an endless amount of games coming up (literally) with neverending action from countless sports. Everyone, even professional bettors take bad beats, but you need to minimize the damage and not make things worse if you’ve on the wrong side of the variance.
- Bet mostly straight bets – Make more straight bets and fewer parlays. Look for a steady stream of return instead of going for the big score.