Ohio State vs. Oklahoma Betting Preview – September 17, 2016
Matchup: Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) vs. Oklahoma Sooners (1-1)
Friday, September 17 – 7:30 PM EST
Gaylord Family – Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, Norman, Oklahoma
Line: OSU -1 / OKLA +1
The No. 3 Ohio State Buckeyes will be looking to stay undefeated as they head to the No. 14 Oklahoma Sooners for a Saturday showdown. This is the first meeting between the teams since 1983 and the third all-time encounter.
Oklahoma opened as a 2.5-point underdog but the game is now close to a pick’em despite a significant amount of of the money coming in on the visitors. The total has dropped from the opener of the opener of 64.5 despite a higher percent of the bets coming in on the over. This sets up a pair of interesting reverse line movement situations as it would indicate the sharp money is on a low-scoring contest and Ohio State.
The Buckeyes are coming off a 48-3 rout of Tulsa where it covered the spread of 28 points with ease. Malik Hooker and Marshon Lattimore each returned an interception for a touchdown to complement four rushing scores by the Buckeyes and the Golden Hurricane were held to 188 total yards. The Buckeyes 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games after scoring more than 40 points in their previous game and they’ve covered the spread in five of their last six Big 12 matchups.
The Sooners rebounded nicely after a rough week one loss to Houston by trouncing Louisiana-Monroe by a 59-17 score last weekend. They only needed quarterback Baker Mayfield for a half against ULM their last time out, as the junior passed for three touchdowns before sitting out the rest of a contest that saw his team finish with 640 total yards. They failed to cover the massive spread of 46 points though and they’ve covered the spread in just one of their last five games overall.
- Buckeyes are 40-16-1 ATS in their last 57 road games.
- Buckeyes are 9-4-1 ATS in their last 14 games in September.
- Sooners are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Sooners are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games in September.
- Under is 7-1 in Buckeyes last 8 games following a straight up win of more than 20 points.
- Under is 8-2 in Buckeyes last 10 games after allowing less than 20 points in their previous game.
- Over is 7-3 in Sooners last 10 games overall.
- Over is 4-1 in Sooners last 5 games after allowing less than 20 points in their previous game.
Our Lean: Ohio State -1
No reason not to back the Buckeyes to stay undefeated.
Sign up and make a minimum deposit of $100 at MyBookie to qualify for a 50% deposit bonus up to $1,000
- Soccer 2014 - Finished the year 77-61, +$17,530
- MLB 2014-2016 - Earned $1,000/game players $20,880
- NBA 2016/2017 - Finished the season 176-149, +$11,340
- CBB 2016/2017 - Finished the season 62-42, +$16,300
- NFL 2016/2017 - Finished the season 51-41, +$5,250
Get EVERY PREMIUM PICK Mike Lundin releases for the next 30 days!