Red Sox vs. Orioles Betting Preview & Free Pick – September 20, 2016
Matchup: Boston Red Sox (86-64) at Baltimore Orioles (82-68)
Tuesday, September 20 – 7:05 PM EST
Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore, Maryland
Odds: BOS +122 / BAL -132
The Boston Red Sox knocked the New York Yankees out of the playoff race with a four-game sweep over the weekend. They’ll try to add to their division lead and trim their magic number to eight as they take on the Baltimore Orioles at Camden Yards Tuesday night. The Red Sox won last night’s series opener 5-2 and they’re 20-9 against AL East opposition since July 1. Last night’s results meant that Baltimore slipped into a tie for the two AL wild-card spots with the Toronto Blue Jays.
Baltimore opened this game as a -117 favorite but big money has come in on the Birds and bettors now have to pay the price of -132 to back them on the moneyline. Sixty percent of the public is on the Orioles while the money is coming in dead even on the total.
The Red Sox’s left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez (2-7, 4.98 ERA) will toss opposite the Orioles right-hander Kevin Gausman (8-10, 3.43 ERA) in tonight’s matchup.
Rodriguez went four hitless innings at Baltimore on Aug. 16 before leaving with tightness in his hamstring. He is 1-3 with a 4.30 ERA in six career starts against the Orioles. He failed to make it through three innings as he was knocked around for four runs on eight hits by the New York Yankees on Thursday.
Gausman tossed eight scoreless innings to outduel Porcello in a 1-0 Baltimore win at Fenway Park on Wednesday, the fourth time in five outings he’s left the mound without allowing a run. The Orioles have won five of his last six starts.
- Red Sox are 8-3 in their last 11 road games vs. a team with a winning record.
- Red Sox are 3-7 in Rodriguez’s last 10 starts vs. a team with a winning record.
- Orioles are 4-0 in their last 4 games following a loss.
- Orioles are 7-0 in Gausman’s last 7 home starts.
- Under is 6-0 in Rodriguez’s last 6 road starts.
- Under is 9-2 in Rodriguez’s last 11 starts overall.
- Under is 7-1 in Gausman’s last 8 home starts.
- Under is 17-4-1 in Gausman’s last 22 starts when their opponent scores 5 runs or more in their previous game.
- Under is 3-0-1 in Gausman’s last 4 home starts vs. Red Sox.
- Under is 4-0 in Rodriguez’s last 4 road starts vs. Orioles.
- Under is 4-0 in Rodriguez’s last 4 starts vs. Orioles.
- Under is 4-1-1 in Gausman’s last 6 starts vs. Red Sox.
- Under is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings.
Our Pick: Baltimore ML (-132) and Under 9 Runs
Back the red hot Kevin Gausman at a great price, but don’t expect plenty of runs for either team.
Mike Lundin. A former poker pro, Mike made his picks available to the public in June of 2014. The late start didn't stop him from finishing the year with a profit of $34,970 for $1,000/game clients! He has since racked up multiple Top 10 finishes across several sports. Join with a premium subscription and break the bookie.